Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bear Lake Bash…



Last Monday we finally got the chance to go to Bear Lake. Tiffiney is an amazing person and loves to go outside and experience the world, but often times her husband gets tired and stays in the house doing boring things. However with our new daughter things are a little different. Tiffiney's sister Misty is visiting us for a month and we are trying to make her feel as welcome as possible by giving her a good time. Sometimes it is difficult when we work opposite shifts, but at the request of my wife I got Monday off so we could hang out together. We had a day in the sun and the water was perfectly clear and warm. We bought us a water toy and finally used our life jackets we bought last year; I always plan on going outside by buying things, but I never use them. Tiffiney also packed us our lunch and treats and individually wrapped each made-to-order sandwich with our initials. Although I am hesitant about listening to the demands of my wife, in the end I am thankful I do. I always enjoy the activities we share and look forward to future experiences together…

-Chris

Sadly the fun ended as soon as we left the beach. Although we used sun tan lotion, apparently it wasn't enough. My back, Misty's legs and even Tiffiney's non-burnable skin received some UV damage. I don't care how water proof the lotion is I am reapplying it everytime I exit the water so I can avoid this happeing again…

2 comments:

Tammie said...

Your First problem is, you were using Sun Tan Lotion and not SUN BLOCK! I am determined there is a difference! It was good to see you this weekend!

mckenzie said...

Sorry charlie! It was pretty cool burn though, I'd give it a 6 on a scale of 10. Sand is bad for sunscreen.

RiBI