Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Music and Me…



We recently went to the new movie Mamma Mia based off of the Broadway musical and had a blast. I am one of the many that has enjoyed the slow comeback of musical films and look forward to more in the future. As odd as it may seem to some about breaking out in song, it is something that I have grown up with and continue to enjoy today. In fact I still sing at the top of my lungs while driving with the windows down and on occasion Tiffiney and I will sing and dance in the living room.

I believe somewhere early on in my life I was given the gift of music, although I don't have talent to play a musical instrument or carry a tune. It may have been my dad's random made up songs or it could be my families love for Disney cartoons, and I am sure a part of it could be my religious background of singing hymns. Whatever the reason, I am thankful for having this music in me. I believe most all music can move us to do good and it has helped me get through a lot of difficulties in my own life.

3 comments:

RiBI said...

I too sing in the car, in the shower, and anywhere else. I also put random phrases together to get Craig to smile and bounce (the kid loves to dance... maybe you could teach him a few moves?)

So, did you like the movie?

Katy said...

So true, Chris! Music is so powerful. My musical gift is "appreciating" it. That's about all I've got! I can't wait to see Mama Mia. Jeff and I have always said it would be so cool if LIFE was a musical. All of a sudden everyone breaks out in song...and they all know the words instinctively...

Jeff said...

You may be vanilla, but you're vanilla as in "Vanilla Ice". Don't be ashamed, you're delicious too. Ice, ice, baby.