Friday, August 29, 2008

50 Years of Magic...

Today marks the 50th birthday of Michael Joseph Jackson, one of the all time greatest entertainers of the last century. You all know too well how much of a fan I am of MJ and his influence on some of my talents and hobbies and regardless of what you think of him now, there is no denying the impact he has made in the business and in the lives of millions of others.

I was going to write about how great he is as a person and musician, but most of you already have your minds made up and some can't look past the his personal appearance when it comes to making your opinions. I find it funny how we are told not to judge a book by its cover, and yet we do just that to each other. So rather than explain the man in the mirror or praise his thriller achievements, I thought instead you could just see a glimpse of how and why he became the King of Pop!

-Chris

p.s. Check out the first song on my playlist to hear his most recent vocals. The song is a collaboration with Akon which will be featured on Akon's upcoming album. The man still sings like an angel...


*NOTE* Thanks to bigdb2984 from YouTube for the great video.

1 comment:

Katy said...

So cool!!! I was having flashbacks of watching his music videos as a kid. He truly is an incredibly talented individual! Some of his songs will forever be my all-time favorites. Thanks for the fun viewing experience. You rock, Chris!