Monday, September 8, 2008

An Emotional Wreck…



So let me first say that I have always enjoyed movies that pull at the heartstrings and touch us in ways that we normally wouldn't experience, but when I get emotional during an average movie such as Herbie: Fully Loaded something is seriously wrong with me. I have been watching a lot of movies lately and each one has almost brought a tear to my eye; not because they were overly dramatic, but for the little things embedded within that relates to everyday life or the simple hardships that mankind must overcome.

I don't get the option to see some of my favorite dramatic films lately because Tiffiney doesn't understand the enjoyment of crying during a theatrical production, so many of the movies I watch with her are comedies or action packed. I enjoy these just as much as the rest but to fill in the gap of the missing tear jerkers, it seems my mind is looking for that moral within the chaos to appreciate the little things. Although I complain about my wreck of emotions, it is the little things after all that matter most…

-Chris

1 comment:

mckenzie said...

chris, where did you come from? if only i could get ryan to watch a drama with me. sheesh, he knows he likes them, but it's like pulling teeth to get him to rent one. i'm a sucker for something sad, but profound. It has to be profound or else it's a waste of tears. Like Million Dollar Baby, which was amazing until the last ten minutes. where's the profound in that?