Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Frustration Of Rising To My Potential…



On multiple occasions Tiffiney has stated that one of the reasons she married me was because of the potential she saw in me and although already great in her eyes she recognized the man I could become. Through my life I have always been below the standard of what I was capable of. Loving parents, a caring wife, great friends, and a powerful uplifting patriarchal blessing could never convince me to rise to the occasion. "Getting by" was the standard I placed upon myself, knowing deep down inside I could amount to great things if I truly applied myself. As the natural man has overcome the spirtual giant hidden within, some of my dreams have been placed on hold while I patiently await what the future holds.

What the future holds is finally graduating from college and entering the real world where adults feed. Having friends that are already successful in their fields, sometimes makes the future appear bleak. My friends chose to be doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers, etc. and many seem to have the coming times mapped out. I, on the other hand, chose to be an artist and in recent years I have become frustrated realizing that my former self of "getting by" would no longer work. My field is a lot more challenging than I had anticipated and the competition between each other can be daunting. I have come to recognize that I run rather than overcome, and now the end is nigh. The ledge is close and if I don't rise up to my potential I will fall as the world will continue to move around me…


NOTE: I originally wrote this post to ask for ideas about what makes me unique, but apparently my emotions took over. My assignment is to brand myself and I need help in coming up with a logo that stands for who I am and what I can contribute to the design world. Any help would be appreciated, because apparently my teacher hasn't liked any of my ideas so far. …

2 comments:

Tammie said...

The only thing I can think of is that you are a kid at heart. I know this might be late, but i didn't get a chance to read the whole thing until now, but you always make me laugh and bring happiness to those around you! This world would be bland with out you in our lives! I love you and don't get discouraged about what is going on around you. You are truely blessed and your life is going down the road that the Lord designed for you! Everything will work out and you will still have a wonderful wife and friends who love you for who you are and not for what you have achieved! I just pray that you will move close to us in the end, so your wife and I can stay BFF's!

Katy said...

Hey Chris,
I have always seen something of brilliance in you. You are one of the few people I know who truly dares to be yourself...no matter what reaction you might get from others. I have so appreciated your sense of humor and social talents, not to mention your talents in the arts as well. I can honestly say that I smile any time you come to mind. You are a unique and wonderful individual! I'm really bad at coming up with creative "logos", so I won't make any attempts...if they only knew you, there would be no need for a fancy way of explaining.