Thursday, September 18, 2008

Where Are The Wild Things?


With all the movies being made based off books, I could never understand why no one had ever got around to making a movie based of the children's book Where The Wild Things Are. After browsing through my Nintendo news I came across an article discussing a game in the works which was to be based off of the book AND movie.

So I quickly searched for the any news regarding the film and found out some interesting tidbits. It is being made and was supposed to come out this fall, but got pushed back due to the studio's interest in reshooting different shots than what the director originally envisioned. I also discovered that Disney had the rights to the film as early as 1983 but ended up losing them when nothing was developed. Check out the concept HERE

Anyway I guess movie studios have wanted to make the movie, but just never got around to it until now. Makes you wonder how many other of your most anticipated movie ideas are still in the concept phase. Below is an example of the direction that the director wants to go and I really like the simple style. It was used to basically get the studio behind him and get funding for the movie. I hope it comes to fruition this time and we don't have to wait for many more years…

2 comments:

Adventures in Heywood said...

What's wrong w/ a little blog stalking... if people truly cared about that little invasion they would write a journal, not a blog, ay?

Adventures in Heywood said...

PS. Underneath by Hanson haunts my dreams. tear.