Saturday, October 18, 2008

Even The Very Elect…

As many of you know on Nov. 4th elections will be held and you will be given a chance to vote for the next president, but another item of importance that has been getting a lot of press is Proposition 8. In California they are debating whether gay marriage should be banned in the state. I usually don't jump into political affairs nor have I ever condoned someone for standing up for their personal beliefs, but couldn't help myself after having read more about the issue. In fact the church has even made statements regarding it and have urged all members to support the proposition to ban same sex marriage.

I will admit that I was one who was thought it strange that the church would make an official statement regarding the situation. I have always felt that people should be given the right to act for themselves and be treated equal, regardless of my religious beliefs. Little did I know how much of an impact this could have if the moral issues of society were not controlled. After reading I was stunned by some of the remarks by members of our own church, who said "I think it's important that the leadership of the church knows that we have varying opinions within the church and that we're not all in lockstep behind them,"

Anyway just thought I would do my part and spread the news for those that may not be as up to date on this issue. I also got this video from Adelyn (Wimpy) Withers which puts this into perspective for the future of our own children…



Thank You Adelyn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is so great that you posted this too. I hope people take the time to watch it. I know it is important for us to have these sweet little babies but I worry so, so much about the world that they are going to live in...