Friday, April 11, 2008

Disconnected From The World...

It's sad really, how we teach ourselves to rely so much on modern technology. There was a time when I didn't care if I had access to the Internet or if I could reach my friends 24/7 by phoning them on the go. Now people can't let a day go by without texting each other, updating them on their every move. I am victim as well, as many of you probably know I call you when I am driving to or coming home from work.

Recently we lost the Internet, due to us sharing with our neighbors. They moved out of our apartments, and now we are waiting and hoping that our new ones will be interested in sharing what we lost. I am studying to be a graphic designer and the Internet is one of my main sources especially when it comes to web design. Right now, I am barely getting through school as it is; imagine if I had to research my material in a book rather than using the web. Oh the agony!

As great as technology is, there are always downsides to it. Usually things are created for the use of man, and somehow another hand is right there to corrupt them. The ironic thing is that the things that are meant to connect us to the world are the same things that are secluding us from it. There are many things I could discuss, such as: iPods, television, video games, even this blog, etc., but I'll assume my point is made...

-Chris

3 comments:

Katy said...

Amen, Chris. This is so true. Cool deep thoughts!

Justin said...

I agree. We use the internet for everything these days, but dinking around online probably keeps us from getting out and enjoying the finer things in life sometimes.

mckenzie said...

yes you are correct. too bad you have to share.