Thursday, April 24, 2008

Debt End…



Today I wrote two of the biggest checks that I have in my lifetime. They may not seem to big in the distant future, but for a guy still in school it was a pretty hefty sum of money. It is for our trip to Switzerland and I am hoping it will be worth all the toil that it was to save it up. Sadly a part of it was spent from student loans. Some of you live on student loans and it amazes me how cool and relaxed you are under such stress. Maybe behind the scenes your mind explodes like mine from the debt you owe, but in reality I guess it helps to know that you'll be making it all back as soon as you graduate. I, on the other hand, won't be making six figures!

The quote this week was chosen on purpose. I knew I was going to be spending all of this money and I thought it was interesting how the phrase had this deep dual meaning. Sure most of the romantics will see the beauty of being in debt to the one you love; when I showed Tiffiney her heart melted. As I thought of all of the debt I would be in for financial reasons, I thought about the corrupting aspect of the love of money. Even that evil convinces us to be in debt to it.

With all this said, I married an incredible person and she knows how to work hard and put money aside for a rainy day. Through it all she still knows how to spoil me and let me enjoy some of the finer things in life. I have a Wii and I get the games I "need" on a regular basis. My school is cheap for the most part, but all of my toys that come with the career choice tend to increase the price. The whole "I need it for school" has worked like a charm, but really I get things that I want because of my great wife. This is why I will be FOREVER in debt to her…

-Chris

2 comments:

Tammie said...

I love your wife TOO!!!
And I miss her way to much to express! You and Jeff are pretty lucky to get the games you "need."
Ps. I love and miss you too, but I thought this was the ode to Tiffiney!

Justin said...

I know what you mean. It blows to be so much in debt for school. Hopefully it will be a good investment. Not to mention I'm so stinking far in debt to B-money for putting up with my shenanigans. I'm saving up Shrutebucks in hopes of paying her back some day. When are you guys going to Switzerland? That will be amazing!