Monday, April 14, 2008

Family Home Evening...


Luckily I grew up in a family of siblings that can tolerate each other. Each month we get together for a big FHE and give a short spiritual thought. It was our turn this month and since our apartment isn't big enough to house everyone, we usually meet at Adam's Park in Logan.

Tiffiney and I made cupcakes and lemon bars for the snack and strangely enough she found an article in the Ensign that correlated with what I talked about in the last post. If you get a chance you should (re)read the article entitled Unplugged in the January issue. Also check out the following article in the same issue as it is something I believe everyone should work on as well.

My dad's family grew up very close and as often as time permitted (usually every month) they would also gather together for a dinner each month. It is something we as kids remembered and wanted to continue in our own family. Another one of those family blessings would be a yearly family trip. My parents weren't rich by any means, but we managed to travel to multiple states throughout my childhood and see a lot of interesting things which made me feel rich in other areas. Family togetherness has always been a key element in my life and even though we're loud, obnoxious, and rude at times, I know we love each other...

-Chris

1 comment:

Melanie said...

It is so fun to see your family! I am missing my family. You are so lucky to be able to continue that great family tradition. I'm working on just getting my Dad to call me . . . once!

Celie and I watched a little bit of Aladdin yesterday and I thought of you. "Never grow up"