Monday, March 30, 2009

Guess The Movie Game…


My friend Ashley just finished her rendition of this game on her blog so I figured I would continue the trend. Anyway here are the rules if you want to do it yourself:

A-Pick 20 favorite movies
B-Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie
C-Post them for others to guess
D-Include an actor's name as a hint and check off each quote when it's guessed correctly
E-Enjoy…

1. "You know what music is? God's little reminder that there's something else besides us in this universe…" (Keri Russell)

2. "You always, always say 'Be true to yourself,' but you never say which part of yourself to be true to! Well, I finally figured out who I am: I am your ward." (Samuel L. Jackson)

3. "No one cares about the man in the box, the man who disappears." (Michael Caine)

4. "Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid." (Geoffrey Rush)

5. "It all makes sense! In a comic, you know how you can tell who the arch-villain's going to be? He's the exact opposite of the hero. And most times they're friends, like you and me!" (Bruce Willis)

6. "I don't exactly know what I am required to say in order for you to have intercourse with me. But could we assume that I said all that. I mean essentially we are talking about fluid exchange right? So could we go just straight to the sex." (Jennifer Connelly)

7. "The game starts now. You have to score one thousand points. If you do that, you take home a tank with a big gun. Each day we will announce the scores from that loudspeaker. The one who has the fewest points will have to wear a sign that says 'Jackass' on his back. There are three ways to lose points. One, turning into a big crybaby. Two, telling us you want to see your mommy. Three, saying you're hungry and want something to eat." (Roberto Benigni)

8. "You've heard of the golden rule, haven't you? Whoever has the gold makes the rules." (Robin Williams)

9. "It's a funny thing about comin' home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You'll realize what's changed is you. (Cate Blanchett)

10. "I fell so completely in love with these shoes, I bought enough pairs to last my whole lifetime. This is my last pair." (Natalie Portman)

11. "No, sir, I have no experience but I'm a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. I'd like to put more in that jar. That's where you come in." (Drew Barrymore)

12. "It was Dad. I swear! Dressed like a homeless man. And you know what else was strange? A business man and a woman with a little dog came out of nowhere and forced him onto a bus." (Ed Harris)

13. "So the combination is... one, two, three, four, five? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! The kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!" (John Candy)

14. "You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!" (Cary Elwes)

15. "Yea, if I could just have the thing and give it to you now, I totally would. But I'm guessing it looks probably like a sea monkey right now and we should let it get a little cuter." (Michael Cera)

16. "I'll tell you what a paramecium is! That's the paramecium! It's a one-celled critter with no brain, that can't fly! Don't mess with me man, I'm a lawyer!" (Dustin Hoffman)

17. "Y'know, this was supposed to be my weekend off, but noooo. You got me out here draggin' your heavy ass through the burnin' desert with your dreadlocks stickin' out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad..." (Jeff Goldblum)

18. "They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it... and it's worked out pretty well so far." (Gwyneth Paltrow)

19. "Mind tricks don't work on me. Only money. No money, no parts, no deal!" (Liam Neeson)

20. "My balloons. Those are my balloons. He stole my balloons! Why didn't somebody tell me he had one of those... things?" (Michael Keaton)

2 comments:

Heather G. said...

3. The prestige 4. Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl 6. A Beautiful Mind 7. Life is Beautiful 11. The Wedding Singer 12. The Truman Show 13. Spaceballs 14. The Princess Bride 15. Juno 16. Hook 17. Independence Day 18. Iron Man

Heather G. said...

only one i haven't seen is mr. magoriums. i was thinking batman, unbreakable for sure!